/18/ Astrobiology at the NASA Astrobiology Institute
This episode is a conversation with Dr. Carl Pilcher, the director of the NASA Astrobiology Insititute at NASA Ames Research Center. The conversation comes in two parts. Part one covers the conceptual basics of astrobiology and life: what is life, what are the preconditions for life to exist, how to recognize it, etc. Part two looks at the process of trying to find places in the universe that could host life, primarily astronomical observations and missions to other planets.
- About the NASA Astrobiology Insititute and Carl Pilcher, its director (at the bottom)
- The NAI Director’s Seminar, a collection of video presentations on astrobiology
- Wikipedia’s pages on life and astrobiology
- The SETI Institute and their Podcast
- Astronomycast, the podcast about astronomy