036 – The 360 World Record
This episode is a conversation with Flavien Guderzo (First Officer) and Tom Zorman (Operations) about the 360 World Record, where a crew of three and a couple of journalists flew around the world in a North American Sabreliner, establishing a new world record. In the episode we talk about the preparations for the flight as well as the flight itself from the perspective of the flight crew, as well as from the perspective of the operations on the ground.
- 360 World Record
- Flavien Guderzo
- Tom Zorman
- Sonnig SA
- North American Sabreliner
- F-86 Figher
- Images of the plane at airliners.net
- Steve Fossett and his Global Flyer record plane
- Supercritical wing
- Radio Navigation
- VOR (Very High Frequency Omni-Directional Range)
- NDB (Non Directional Beacon)
- LORAN (Long Range Navigation)
- FMS (Flight Management System)
- Great Circle
- ILS (Instrument Landing System)
The music in this episode is taken from X, the new album by Spock’s Beard.
Love the podcast, and this one was very interesting. Really liked the music – would you recommend any of their other albums?
Thanks again – Keith
Hi Keith, thanks for the nice words. Yes, I would recommend other albuns, I have all of them. The only ones I don’t like are Octane and Feel Euphoria.
Pingback: Podcast Empfehlung: OmegaTau | gegenschein.de blog