021 – Space Mission Control at ESA’s ESOC
This episode covers my visit at the European Space Agency’s (ESA) European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt,Germany. After a short tour of the facilities with Andreas Schepers I had the chance to interview Uwe Feucht (Head of Flight Dynamics Division) on space flight dynamics and Paolo Ferri (Headof the Solar and Planetary Missions Division) on Mars Express, Venus Express and Rosetta.
- Keplers Law of Planetary Motion
- Orbital Classifications
- Escape Velocity
- Gravity Assist/Swing-By
- Special Relativity
- Rosetta at ESA and at Wikipedia
- Mars Express at ESA and at Wikipedia
- Venus Express at ESA and at Wikipedia
- Ulysses at ESA and at Wikipedia
- Cluster Mission at ESA and at Wikipedia
Pingback: Twitted by esaops
Great episode. Inspired my to organize an onsite visit of ESOC in Darmstadt, Germany.
Right. They are practically your neighbors :-)
Are you aware of the http://www.raumzeit-podcast.de/, the podcast by ESA and DLR?
Excellent episode. These podcasts are the best!